Youth Football Zone Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difficult Parents

2 posters

Go down

Difficult Parents Empty Difficult Parents

Post  coachparker Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:36 am

I had a parent show up at my door last season asking me why his son was not playing more and starting. I ask him if our starting half back was better than his son and he said yes. But, he still wanted his son to start on offense. His son was getting a significant amount of playtime on Defense as a Corner and Safety. I told him I would see what I could do, but we had a starting half back.

This player is not returning to my team this year, because he did not get enough playtime as the half back. This player had negative yardage as an offensive running back. I am disappointed the player is not returning because he was a contributor on offense.

I guess its a blessing.
coachparker
coachparker

http://www.CoachParker.org

Back to top Go down

Difficult Parents Empty Re: Difficult Parents

Post  teamplayer Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:20 am

Parents can be difficult to deal with when it comes to there kids and sports. It is a shame that this kid isn't coming back to your team because of the parent. I have had to deal with disruptive parents throughout my years as a coach. Here is an article that a parent should read if there kid is an athlete. Parents in youth sports

teamplayer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum